At Magenta Research, our commitment to professionals goes beyond providing a comprehensive line of world-class A/V products. Employees represent our most valuable asset and we are always seeking talented and passionate associates to join our team.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
No phone inquiries please.
In addition to specific openings listed below, Magenta is always on the lookout for hardware and software video specialists, especially in the VHDL, FPGA, KVM, video processing and embedded MCU disciplines.
• Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Deliver budgeted revenue targets
• Provide accurate and timely forecasts with full supportive data
• Identify large scale applications and opportunities and develop successful strategies for winning the business.
• Develop and execute a major accounts program, taking ownership of those accounts identified as critical
to the corporation.
• Manage the existing sales channel, setting achievement goals for each of our partner sales groups
• Evaluate existing sales channel for effectiveness and make adjustments as required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to sell and close
• Able to create and execute on major account strategies
• Excellent time management skills
• Background in the sale of technical products and solutions
• Intimate experience with the Magenta type domestic sales channels
• Demonstrated success managing Independent Manufacture Representatives
• 4-year undergraduate degree in business-related field
• CTS Certifications
• You are a professional sales person with (10) years of progressively increasing levels of responsibility in direct sales/sales
• You have managed a significant territory-both geographic and revenue wise and will have delivered above
• You have experience in the Pro AV market and know where the opportunities are
Magenta is seeking a Product Manager to help drive new product innovation and development. Responsibilities include market and user segmentation, business case development for new product and market opportunities, product positioning, competitive intelligence and defining; and tracking product and business success metrics.
• Business case development for new product opportunities (build/buy/partner) or market entry strategies
• Product definition with detailed market analysis defining the market segments, conducting competitive analysis, formulating a business case with the value proposition and a "go to market" plan. Identifies, evaluates and recommends marketing opportunities consistent with business unit objectives
• Product lifecycle management. Define product launch readiness and success metrics in coordination with sales management. Maintain product lifecycle documents. Define the product strategy and roadmap including annual and long-range plans. Track products from inception through phase out of product
• Track customer feedback, customer care, customer satisfaction, dashboards and metrics to measure success and engagement of new and existing features and functionalities
• Provide market intel through dealer councils, surveys and independent forums
• Contribute to trade off discussions during the development process
• Grow revenue and margin contribution of a given category
• Sets goals, establishes priorities, assigns tasks, monitors and evaluates results
• Participates with other senior managers to develop strategic plans and goals
• Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities
• Represent the category and the brand internally and externally. Perform product demos to customers.
• Develop sales tools and collateral. Partner with training content development to ensure appropriate lesson plans for sales, installation and support staff at the rep and dealer level. Brief and train the sales force, technical support and customer service teams
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ year’s product management, market development, and technical sales experience. B.S. or B.A. degree required; MBA desired. Technical business management or marketing focus preferred
• Experience with ProAV products is strongly preferred
• Direct experience launching products or services and managing product marketing strategy for those products
• Ability to understand and interpret a complex competitive landscape and effectively prioritize the projects that will deliver the greatest impact on objectives
• Excellent organizational, presentation and writing skills and ability to successfully interact across functions and at all levels of an organization
• Ability to travel as needed
Magenta Research is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer. This individual will interface with our Engineering Design team at our New Milford location and provide manufacturing engineering support for products manufactured both domestically and in China for the Pro A/V signal extension, distribution and switching markets. This individual is motivated, results & team-oriented, capable of interacting and communicating effectively with our global engineering, manufacturing and CM’s as required.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Serve as the manufacturing expert in an engineering team designing electronic assemblies.
• Work closely with Supply Chain to ensure product transition into Contract Manufacturing and supply base
• Engineering point of contact for manufacturing in the release of new product designs and test/manufacturing procedures
• Generate and ensure all manufacturing documentation including process, work instructions and bill of materials (BOM) are accurate
• Development of test fixtures and programs used to implement full function testing of individual product boards and whole products
• Development of written test procedures to fully provide test controls to assure delivery of reliable product
• Provide on-floor technical and process leadership within assembly, testing and repair area including implementation of and training for processes that ensure maximum reliability, serviceability, and efficiency
• Team Oriented with a strong desire for hands-on work
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Bachelor's degree in Electronics or equivalent experience
• 5 years experience in electronics manufacturing
• Experience in the Pro AV space a plus
• Experience working with microprocessors and FPGAs and the ability to read and understand electrical schematics, mechanical drawings and 3D models
• Experience working with AutoCad and Solidworks desirable